Botox is a wrinkle muscle relaxer which can be injected in your skin. The solution temporarily paralyzes the muscle, which in turn reduces the appearance of facial wrinkles. Botox treatment is considered to be a safe and effective treatment for those wrinkles and fine lines present around the eyes. It is also a very minimally invasive procedure.
Preparing for Botox treatment
Botox requires minimal preparation, but there are some things which you have to follow:
- You must tell your treatment provider all about your medical history, medical conditions, allergies and such before all your medical procedures.
- Ensure that the treatment provider is a licensed physician or medical personnel.
- You might have to get rid of all your makeup as well as cleanse the area subjected to treatment before the procedure.
- You might also be told to avoid blood thinning medications so as to reduce the chances of bruising.
What areas of the body can be treated with Botox?
- It can be used in the area present between the eyebrows so as to treat severe or moderate frown lines.
- The formula can be injected around the eyes so as to treat what is commonly known as crow’s feet lines.
How does Botox work?
Botox works by temporarily blocking out the muscle contractions and nerve signals. This improves upon the appearance of the wrinkles present around the eyes and also between the eyebrows. Botox can also slow down the formation of new lines by preventing the contraction of facial muscles. Botox also doesn’t involve any use of general anesthesia or incisions but if you are worried about discomfort then ice or topical anesthetic can work well in numbing the target area and providing comfort.
Risks or side effects of Botox?
- You can experience discomfort or bruising, but it should ideally improve within a few days.
- You might also experience tiredness, headache, neck pain as well as a drooping or swelling in the eyelid area.
- There can also be issues with double vision and dry eyes apart from allergic reactions like itching or rash and even asthma symptoms.
In Persona, the procedure is performed by Plastic Surgeon or Aesthetic GP around the forehead and eyes. The plastic surgeon will take a facial analysis and determine the best area for botox. A single treatment here can last up to 6 months and the cost is extremely affordable as well so that you get the best possible care available.